Volunteers are at the heart of the YMCA and that is why the YMCA is at the heart of the community.
When you are a volunteer at the Fayette County YMCA, you are part of a not-for-profit organization with a vision of building Strong Kids, Strong Families and Strong Communities throughout Fayette County. Your time and talent will translate into helping a child, mentoring a teen or providing support for families throughout the Washington Court House Ohio area.
You can help create a safe, healthy and caring environment that will nurture people of all ages and backgrounds, helping them to become successful members of our community.
To help you choose an area in which you would be interested, the Fayette County YMCA has established five categories of volunteers:
- Program volunteers – help to lead programs as an instructor, coach aide.
- Support volunteers – work in the office, front desk or around the grounds.
- Fundraising volunteers – raise funds through our campaigns (annual, capital, special or sustaining); work on endowment development; or work at/run special events.
- Policy volunteers – serve on the board of directors, on a committee or a task force.
- Managerial volunteers – help to manage or administer Y operations.